Managing carbon is now a crucial element of any business strategy. Carbon is the most adundant element on the planet and when released as Carbon Dioxide, it acts as a greenhouse gas, leading to accelerated climate change.
With much legislation now in place or in development, managing an organisation’s carbon emissions has never been more important. Not managed appropriately, it can damage an organisation’s pocket as well as reputation.
WSP has a well established team of carbon experts all around the world working with high profile clients to develop carbon management and reduction strategies for businesses and organisations. We work across a wide variety of sectors including the food & drinks sector, retailers, construction, public authorities, hi -tech and the chemical sector.
They are experienced in delivering all elements of carbon management right across the value chain. Let’s tell you a little more about how we can help:
- We conduct carbon and other greenhouse gas footprints that give you a clear view of carbon emissions across either your entire business, or a particular area
- We use the footprints to identify where your areas of greatest impact are and devise action plans to reduce and manage emissions
- We design and implement general carbon reduction programmes to incorporate best practice and industry standards
- We help you to ensure you are compliant with all local and international legislative responsibilities to reduce risk
- We can fully manage any emission trading and offsetting schemes
- We can manage the corporate reporting of your carbon footprint and management plan and deliver this against schemes such as the international Carbon Disclosure Project
- We can assist with developing and implementing a stakeholder engagement plan to engage those key stakeholders working with your organisation to deliver carbon reduction targets
- We provide training on different aspects of carbon footprinting and management
- We can work with product teams and designers to ensure your products minimise carbon intensity and emissions to give you competitive edge
- And we have teams of experts dedicated to working with developers, designers and owners of real estate to ensure they incorporate the very latest in low carbon design and construction
In addition to helping you manage the compliance issues around carbon, our team will help you realise the opportunities that operating in a carbon constrained economy is going to mean to your existing business models, products and market place.
“Companies that seize leadership will have embedded sustainability issues into the advice they give their own clients.” David Symons of WSP, Director of Corporate Strategy.