The use of contractors is common place in most organisations, often seen as a way of buying in expertise as well as providing additional resources in peak times. While contractors provide organisations with flexibility in the way they work, it also introduces another layer of risk where the organisation has less control over individuals and yet they still retain an OHS liability for this group which is often not realised or managed.
To ensure organisations don’t lose the flexibility they have in using contractors, WSP have developed a full suite of services to give clients the peace of mind, that this risk exposure is effectively managed to deliver on required business outcomes. Whether you wish to purchase just one component, or the full suite, WSP can provide a management system solution that is tailored to your needs.
Our contractor management services include:
- Design of the pre-qualification and tender specification
- Pre – qualification assessment of contractors
- Development and provision of online induction programmes
- Conceptualisation and delivery of online management solutions for total contractor management. This includes managing pre-qualification; induction; licence and insurance management; auditing; and performance results
- Assessing contractor performance – on site audits and inspections – health, safety, environment, energy
- Behavioural safety programs to influence contractor behaviour
- Coaching for managers on contractor management
We combine expertise in IT and HSE to provide:
- A user friendly on-line tool that the client, contractors and WSP can all use to gain real time information on contractor performance
- IT support for this on-line tool with modifications to the tools as required by the clients
- Relationship managers with expertise in dealing with third parties
- Expert auditors and consultants in HSE