Home: About UsSustainability & Responsibility › Diversity, ethics & safety

Diversity, ethics & safety

We’re passionate not only about what we do, but how we do it. We are committed to being a diverse, ethical and safe company for the sake of our staff, and our clients.

 

Diversity & Inclusion

Embracing diversity and inclusion is simply part of our culture. It naturally runs through our organisation. We are diverse in the locations we operate in, the services we offer, the clients we work with, and of course in the people who work for WSP. Bringing diverse elements together is where we think we create something special. It’s how we spark new ideas. It’s how we deliver quality. And it’s why we think we’re interesting to work with, and for. This helps us to attract the very best talent who come from all walks of life. We are proud of our diverse and eclectic team.

 

Ethics & Integrity

We work in many countries and have to adapt to a range of cultures and business practices. And to ensure we can work to our own internal standards and values we have senior representation on both the UK Anti-Corruption Forum and Transparency International (UK) committees.

 

We have a Business Ethics Policy which sets out our approach and commitments, and we support this with a confidential whistle-blowing hotline. We have already analysed 85% of the WSP Group Plc business for risks relating to corruption and have trained 85% of our staff on our anti-corruption policies. The remaining 15% relates to recently acquired businesses.

 

Health, Safety & Environment

It is part of our values as a business to be a leader in HSE amongst our peers. In 2010 we re-visited our approach to ensure our model supported this aim and was aligned with and supported our culture of innovation and customer service. As a result, we created a global HS&E team, a new framework which included an integrated Health, Safety and Environmental policy, a new organisational structure, new minimum standards, and we continue to monitor, review and report on our performance to our global management team. This approach also supports those parts of our business which have ISO14001 and / or OHSAS18001 certification.

 

Download a one page summary of our global HSE Policy here.

Ethics Policy

Ethics Policy

Trust is a core WSP value and honesty and integrity are an integral part of that for us.

Read our ethics policy

Ethics Policy

HS & E Queries

HS & E Queries

If you have any queries please contact Ian Moreton, Health, Safety & Environmental Manager on + 44 (0) 7717 348 039 or at ian.moreton@wspgroup.com

HS & E Queries

Our goal

Our goal

Our goal is to develop a strong HS&E culture which is heavy on hearts and minds and light on bureaucracy. This will deliver consistent minimum HS&E arrangements whilst each region retains flexibility on how it deals with its domestic regulatory framework and specific client and project requirements.