At WSP, we offer a range of auditing programmes to help organisations assess the environmental and sustainability performance of their business operations. These audits provide our clients with a good indication of key areas in which they can improve their environmental performance or meet their sustainability objectives. We can also act as an independent auditor as part of a management system programme.
As part of our programme, we can:
- Assess the level of compliance with environmental legislation
- Assess the effectiveness of current approaches and systems
- Assess the level of awareness of sustainability good practice amongst employees and contractors
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implementing good practice
- Provide reports with findings and recommendations for improvement
Our global team of certified auditors offer a full auditing programme. We adapt these programmes to suit the needs of our client’s business, but generally our approach is as follows:
- Project inception – we’ll confirm the objectives, timeframe, scope, logistics and reporting arrangements. We’ll also identify any particular issues that may affect the audit process.
- Audit scheduling and project management – we’ll schedule and manage all aspects of the project. To be as effective as possible, we’ll gather relevant documentation prior to the visit and send out pre-audit information to everyone involved.
- Audit delivery – we’ll assess against agreed criteria and objectives. Audits will include site visits, interviews with staff and contractors and the review of documentation.
- Reporting – we’ll provide both summary reports and in-depth reports. These will be the basis of our recommendations for improvement with strategic planning for the future.
We work with clients to determine how to use these reports to develop and improve their sustainability performance. We will also advise on how to set new environmental and sustainability objectives to meet agreed performance targets.
We can advise you on a raft of energy, product, permitting and health and safety legislation. Take a look at the dedicated section in this website.
Auditing for the EBRD
We conducted a large number of environmental, social, H&S reviews on behalf of the EBRD who assess funding support. Examples include; auditing two glass plants in the Ukraine where we assessed risks and potential liabilities and prepared an environmental action plan to ensure best practice; auditing 20 sites for Unimilk Dairies in Russia and the Ukraine; and auditing and environmental planning for 3 sites for Lafarge Cement plants in Russia. Speak to Neal for more information at email@example.com
EMS for DHL
For over 5 years we have supported the roll out of the Environmental Management System (EMS) programme for DHL with around 150 environmental site audits across its UK portfolio. We have designed and delivered environmental training. And from our close relationship have understood their issues and risks and assisted with implementing an ISO 14001 accredited EMS.