More sector information will be added to this area of our site soon.
Environmental and sustainability issues are fundamental considerations in any real estate or corporate transaction. All parties need to know:
Will the transaction damage your brand and reputation?
- What exposure to environmental liabilities will the transaction bring? And what are the associated costs?
- Will any environmental issues impact transaction values and timescales?
- What value enhancement opportunities will this transaction bring?
We deliver transaction support for corporate and industrial organisations, and financial institutions including the private equity community, and professional advisors. Underpinned by technical excellence but delivered in clear business terms, our due diligence process advises on a variety of health & safety, environmental, energy and sustainability issues. We can provide qualified answers to questions such as:
- Will the transaction result in inheriting contaminated land or sites with hazardous materials?
- Is a potential target exposed to environmental compliance liabilities?
- Is the energy efficiency and consumption of targeted real estate a cause for concern?
- Does the social and ethical behaviour and policies of a target conflict with your business and could it damage brand equity?
- Are the sustainability credentials of a target’s products accurate and are there any exposures?
- Will emerging regulations such as REACH or the UK focused Carbon Reduction Commitment impact the transaction?
Hopefully you get the message. We look at all sustainability issues that can affect a transaction, no matter how technical and complex, and report back to you in clear commercial terms. And we can design and implement action plans to correct any concerns identified.
We know that tight timescales and confidentialities go with the territory and we’ve built a reputation on mobilising resource fast. We have a large, globally connected and experienced team, working in all the places you would expect. So whether you have a small transaction on a single building, a multi-site multi-region property portfolio transaction, or a large international corporate acquisition, we can help.
What Tinicum Capital Partners say
“WSP’s product is distinguished by both consistently solid judgement and the creativity of its professional staff.”