At WSP, our approach to management systems is to ensure they deliver real action at grass roots level in a business. We ensure they result in understanding and change, and they add real value to a business.
We support clients in developing, implementing, maintaining and improving their management systems and programmes. Within our team we have vast experience with environmental, health, safety, social, ethical and quality systems, whilst integrating this into the wider sustainability agenda.
We appreciate that your clients and industry regulators increasingly view certified management systems as an essential indicator of good business management, in addition to a tool for managing risk and compliance.
At WSP we can help you develop appropriate systems to reflect the practices of your business, gain the internal buy-in, and achieve external standards where relevant, for example, ISO14001, BS8555, OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 or EMAS.
How can we help? Initially we can provide a systems gap analysis which will entail:
- An initial evaluation of the existing management systems and legal obligations
- Pre-certification audits and support to internal audit programmes
- Optimisation systems reviews
We provide detailed systems design:
- Risk identification and evaluation
- Compliance obligation identification and management
- Key performance indicator development and tracking tools
- Communication facilitation
- Documentation development, including electronic platforms
- Strategy and governance structure advice
- Training and capacity building
- Supply chain management processes
- Integrated management systems design and implementation support
And we provide ongoing support for your systems:
- Internal and second party auditing
- Refresher training and coaching on successful implementation
- Secondments of experienced consultant to oversee implementation
- Benchmarking of key performance indicators
- Support to handle the management review process
WSP can also tailor the development of a data driven web-based information management system for your use.
Environmental Management for DHL
We have been working with DHL for over five years and have supported their EMS roll out with a programme of approximately 150 environmental site audits across its UK portfolio. We have designed and delivered environmental training. And from our close relationship have gained a good understanding of DHL’s issues and risks and assisted the team with implementing an ISO 14001 accredited EMS. Speak to Louise for information at email@example.com