Training & Capacity Building
The performance of an organisation will depend on the knowledge, skills and competence of its personnel.
At WSP we can help build knowledge and awareness by devising and delivering informative training programmes and workshops that help you and your teams fully understand and respond to the implications of:
- The sustainability and climate change agenda
- Environmental legal obligations
- Health and safety issues
- Employees roles and responsibilities
Some degree of cultural change is usually required for an organisation to deliver improvements in these areas. You are reliant on the understanding and buy-in of your workforce to achieve the goals you set.
The training and capacity building we offer is tailored to meet the needs of different staff in your business; from awareness raising and learning workshops, to in-depth executive briefings and coaching.
We can deliver:
- Externally accredited courses – for example, we deliver IEMA approved Environmental Management System (EMS) and Internal Auditor courses
- Tailored in house classroom and on-site training
- Facilitated workshops to support policy development and decision making
- Online interactive e-learning environmental awareness packages
- Advanced e-learning techniques to support ethical decision-making
- Leadership development training programmes, including 1-2-1 coaching
- Technical training support for compliance requirements
- Specific briefings on key issues, i.e. sustainability, waste etc.
This is by no means an exhaustive list and we are continually innovative in our approach to training. We make sure that our delivery emphasises the practical ‘real world’ application of knowledge and skills. It’s got to be able to work for you in the business the next day.
All of our trainers have current practical experience in the fields of sustainability, environmental management and climate change. They will provide real case studies and illustrations.
Our goal is to ensure that your objectives are met – you have a competent, knowledgeable workforce, capable of driving your organisation’s sustainability, environmental and corporate responsibility goals.