More sector information will be added to this area of our site soon.
Behavioural Safety Processes & Leadership
A behavioural based safety process will reduce 'unsafe' behaviours that can otherwise lead to incidents in the workplace.
At WSP we can help design and implement these processes in your organisation. They will reinforce safe behaviour and help identify causes of unsafe behaviour.
There are generally three types of approach:
- Top Down - a management driven process, with supervisors measuring behaviour and providing one to one feedback
- Bottom Up - an employee driven process encouraging front-line participation in safety. Peer-to-peer observations are fed back to a workforce team who make recommendations to management to implement
- Collective - the ideal scenario with both managers and front line staff observing; analysis delivered by a safety team, and recommendations identified and implemented
WSP provides a range of advice to clients depending on their requirements. This includes:
- A full implementation process that covers an assessment of your organisation; design of measures; a methodology to conduct observations; training for managers and your behavioural safety team and coordinators
- A 5 day intense workshop aimed at training an in-house team so you can develop your knowledge and your own processes
- A process review to assess your current behavioural safety process, using interviews to capture feedback, leading to a report and recommendations
Leadership behaviour is very influential to the level of risk taking within an organisation. How leaders react to safety issues will make an impression on how a workforce observes safety. This attitude will determine an organisation's safety culture.
At WSP we provide safety leadership training which will help educate managers on safety culture and leadership. It helps managers acknowledge risks and hazards and understand the impact of their own behaviour. We enable participants to understand why people take risks, we help them develop effective one-to-one coaching methods and we help them analyse behaviour.