More sector information will be added to this area of our site soon.
Greenhouse Gas Inventories & Reporting
Having a clear view of carbon and green house gas (GHG) emissions across your organisation is essential for so many reasons. To set and meet organisational reduction targets, to deliver regulatory compliance, for effective corporate reporting, the list could go on.
We are highly experienced in conducting carbon and GHG audits, inventories and benchmarking exercises. We conduct technical audits across all areas of an organisation, project or product. Our in depth studies have included buildings, data centres, manufacturing facilities, laboratories, corporate operations (including travel) and product supply chains. Through a systematic approach, we identify and prioritise opportunities of commercial value.
Once a comprehensive understanding of your carbon profile has been established, we work with you to develop a long term GHG inventory management plan. This will record all emission levels so that you can monitor for abnormalities and performance against targets, and for extracting data for corporate reporting. We assist by:
- Setting inventory boundaries and accounting rules
- Identifying metrics and data requirements
- Quantifying the benefits and risks
- Target setting
- Providing emission factors and calculations for emission conversions
- Systems development and implementation
- Setting the requirements for external data verification
- Providing a roadmap and programme plan for maintaining the inventory
- Identifying and scoping roles for inventory management
- Conducting periodic reviews of the components of the inventory plan to ensure alignment with GHG accounting standards
Help with corporate reporting
With carbon experts all around the world, WSP can provide a firm understanding of both international and local regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting principles and reporting procedures. We have worked with many of the most renowned companies on the Fortune 500 list on their corporate climate change strategies and have helped establish them as leaders in their field as indicated in the Carbon Disclosure Project.
In the US we provide technical assistance to the Environmental Protection Agency's 'Climate Leaders Program'. It's an industry-government partnership that works with companies to develop comprehensive climate change strategies. We're helping over 80 companies in the program to develop GHG inventories and complete reporting requirements. The program prevents 50m + metric tons of CO2 p.a.