More sector information will be added to this area of our site soon.
Permitting Applications & IPPC
We have a very strong reputation in providing specialist Industrial Environmental Permitting Services to industry.
This is enhanced by the fact that we are part of WSP Group, specialists in design engineering, which means we are able to provide a complete environmental, scientific and technical engineering consultancy service.
This multidisciplinary capability enables us to provide effective and optimal solutions for our clients whether related to air emissions abatement, effluent treatment, remediation of contaminated land, or environmental management.
We work with a wide range of industrial sector clients, from SME's to multinationals. Our support to clients on permitting requirements includes:
- Environmental Permits, including sites under the EU IPPC Regime
- Permits under the Waste Incineration Directive (WID)
- Permit requirements under the Solvent Emissions Directive
Our approach to permit applications can be summarised as:
- Initial environmental compliance audit to identify compliance status, gaps and priorities
- Assistance with full Permit / Substantial Change Application and liaison with regulators
- Surveys of installation / process emissions and discharges
- Assessment of impact of site operations - usually aligned with IPPC H1
- Abatement options appraisals and completion of full Best Available Technique (BAT) assessments
- Completion of site / installation assessment baseline ground investigation surveys
- Delivery of all required specialist sub projects
- Response to 'schedule 5 notices'
- Ongoing monitoring, reporting and environmental management
Specifically in relation to IPPC - Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control - we provide:
- Emissions testing and air dispersion modelling
- Environmental engineering studies
- Contaminated land investigation, and complete remediation contracting capability
- Waste water monitoring, impact assessment and impact modelling
- Noise and vibration assessment & control
- Odour impact assessment
- Environmental management systems design and implementation
- Groundwater impact assessment including groundwater dispersion / flow modelling
- Waste and water minimisation auditing and waste management options appraisal
- Energy efficiency, including advice on the Climate Change Levy and emissions trading
- Major accident risk assessment
- Habitats assessment