More sector information will be added to this area of our site soon.
WSP Fitzwalter - Specialist project management
WSP Fitzwalter is a specialist project management business helping clients develop and implement effective strategies that add value to property assets.
In some cases this involves project managing the rehabilitation and reuse of complex brownfield sites. In other cases we are working out solutions for ‘distressed’ property assets, where clients need to dispose of properties as a fixed asset to increase cash flow, or need to remove environmental obligations from their balance sheet.
Our team includes land economists, specialist civil and environmental project managers and town planners etc., all qualified and with industry backgrounds that bring vital practical and commercial experience. It’s a powerful mix of skills which enables us to act as a highly effective principal representative for clients as they seek assistance with the development, management and future use of property.
What can you expect?
· In all of our assignments we take an all-inclusive approach to achieve our clients desired outcomes. We incorporate the development of feasible strategies for project delivery by helping our clients select the most appropriate expertise for each task. From the outset we partner with our clients and establish working relationships with key personnel in local, state and federal government agencies including relevant consent authorities to secure goals.
· If planning permission is required for complex and/or distressed sites, we can help manage the process. If property assets need to be disposed of or sub-divided, we can work out solutions that extract additional value. If the infrastructure of roads, mains, water supply etc needs to be embedded into a site, we have specialist expertise and the project management skills.
· We are dedicated to providing our services practically, efficiently, and effectively, with the highest standard of professionalism. Our services provide a focus on discrete, direct tasks for our clients with no conflicts of interest.
WSP Group plc is a 10,000 strong leading global consultancy specialising in the built and natural environment with a multi-disciplined team in Australia. In 2007 we acquired Fitzwalter Group, a project management business with a well-established track record in Australia. Now branded as WSP Fitzwalter, this business is part of one of the world’s largest and most successful sustainability and environmental practices, WSP Environment & Energy, which has over 1,000 people across a global network of 65 offices.
In Australia we have around 500 people in total, with leading green building services and environmental engineering consultancy, Lincolne Scott, forming part of our Group. Our strong regional presence also benefits from connection to our global structure with its acknowledged global thinkers. Our Australian business is proud to have strong foundations in the domestic market and is delighted to count many of Australia's best companies amongst our clients.
With our wide range of project management experience we are able to provide detailed and strategic advice to our clients on how to maximise returns from their property assets, and identify opportunities to add value and minimise costs. As a result of our knowledge and experience, we oversee and direct the process of identifying and maximising development potential. This involves the development of strategies for both brownfield and greenfield sites, briefing, tendering and co-ordination of expert advice, management of project teams and administrating property developments,
We are able to provide the complete package of environmental planning and development management, civil works (remediation, infrastructure etc.), building and plant demolition management, construction, and maintenance comprising:
· decommissioning (including the coordination of all closure activities) and site disposal
· preparation of consultant/contractor briefs
· management of the documentation of scope of works
· tendering of work and tender evaluation
· engagement of consultants/contractors
· contract administration incorporating progress payments and defect liability periods
· program management of the works to critical milestone dates
· supervision of on-site works with regard to construction tasks and OHS&R and environmental legislation
At WSP Fitzwalter we commence most projects with the preparation of a detailed Project Plan outlining the scope, budget, program, project stakeholders, consultation strategies, identification of project risks and containment measures, key performance indicators and reporting procedures.
Our team also maintain a proprietary budget tracking register for their clients. The system tracks project expenditure against budgets and client approvals.
Strategic Property Advice / Development Management
WSP Fitzwalter delivers strategic property advice by identifying and applying significant value adding initiatives that maximise financial returns in the management of core/surplus assets or legacy sites and property portfolios.
We are experienced in:
· identification and assessment of value adding opportunities
· master planning and development management
· strategic corporate property advice and development work-outs
· understanding and identifying all physical and planning aspects for a site whether it be developed or proposed for renewal
· development of project strategies which follow sound and modern planning practices with the objective of optimising revenue
· managing all the competing interests in the development process including project financials, high quality design outcomes, environmental issues, ecological and heritage constraints, community concerns, and political agenda
· co-ordination and briefing of consultants including town planners, environmental planners, urban design and heritage architects, quantity surveyors, engineers and solicitors (in the preparation of site studies and design & construction documentation), and specialists where necessary e.g. retail analysts, employment development, social services and the like
· co-ordination of authority approvals including master plans, rezoning, development and building (Construction Certificate) applications
· advocacy, consultation and government liaison
· management of financial/feasibility assessments and Triple Bottom Line Reporting in relation to social, environmental and economic factors
Our comprehensive and unique expertise in project managing site investigations and the remediation of large sites enables us to help clients achieve their objectives for the removal / management of contamination for liability and validation requirements. This also facilitates subsequent independent site auditor endorsement for proposed land uses, which in the process adds significant value. Our experience within our wider WSP team in Australia in environmental remediation projects for government and private sector clients, perfectly complements the project management capabilities of WSP Fitzwalter. It has established this team as one of the industry leaders in the project management of complex, large and small scale, contamination and remediation projects in Australia.
With our skills and knowledge, potentially costly remediation projects are tailored to realistic planning outcomes which provide total efficiency, both in terms of value for money and time schedule completion. This entails:
· strategic remediation planning
· regulatory and authority negotiations and approvals
· environmental assessments and land remediation
· community and stakeholder consultation including government liaison
· project management of site works
· project cost budgeting, programming and control
· OH&S and environmental management
Our services - a snapshot
In addition to Project Management we provide a wide range of services across Australia in the following areas:
· Transaction and Corporate Services
· Contaminated Site Solutions
· Land Remediation
· Health & Safety
· Risk Management
· Online Solutions
OUR PROJECT EXPERIENCE
The long term experience and capability of WSP Fitzwalter, which WSP acquired in 2007, is exemplified by the fact that over the last 5 years this business has managed value adding initiatives which have realised in excess of $750M. Property assets currently under similar value adding management pocesses, have a potential realisation in excess of $150M.
Brief details of some recent projects include:
Pasminco (Bunderra), Cockle Creek Smelter redevelopment project (200ha); the first large scale heavy industrial facility constructed in Australia. We have overseen demolition and strategic management of remedial solutions and redevelopment land use planning for a large lead and zinc smelter. This also includes decommissioning, substantial demolition and civil site works (including infrastructure) managed by WSP Fitzwalter.
Randwick, award winning master planning, construction of roads and associated services infrastructure and a $4.5M community facility incorporating interpretive heritage elements; remediation of asbestos contaminated soil; major demolition works.
Department of Planning, Strategic management and review of developable land (5,500ha). Our role for the department has also included appointment and management of specialist consultants including authority approvals for retro-fit of heritage properties, and disposal management of significant land holdings. The commission also entailed various heritage properties across NSW including the undertaking of a Heritage Conservation Asset Management Program and adaptive reuse analysis.
Sydney Fish Markets, property management, civil works (car parks), fit-outs, and public facilities and master planning.
State Rail Authority, Management of Stations hazardous materials assessments removal; land assessment and rationalisation strategy; management of adaptive reuse projects.