Accident Hazards & Incident investigations
At WSP, our team of specialists help companies improve their incident investigation processes.
We will develop skills in your organisation around the reporting of incidents and help you analyse what failed, and how to establish the right culture to reduce incidents.
In summary, we provide:
- A review of your organisational processes for incident investigation to help you improve efficiency
- Customised design of incident investigation training for company investigators and local investigators
- We provide investigators to conduct independent investigations
- We also provide experts to review human factors and behavioural causes of incidents
When we work with clients we help them understand the four key steps that lead to a successful approach to incident investigation. These are:
- The mobilisation of an investigation team with the agreement of initial actions immediately following the reporting of an incident
- The collection of both hard physical evidence and soft eyewitness testimony using proven methods of psychological interviewing, drawing this information together to form an account of the event
- The analysis of the main findings using root cause analytical techniques, and combining these into a full incident report
- A recommendation stage to prevent reoccurrence
Our experience covers many sectors, including petrochemical, pharmaceutical, shipping, military aviation, chemical and construction.
WSP receive Outstanding Contractor Award
On Thursday 26th November, WSP’s Margaret River team in Australia were recognised as an Outstanding Contractor at Chevron’s Contractor Safety Forum: ‘Delivering Incident & Injury Free Operations’. The team received the highest level contractor award for being incident and injury free for the past 7 years on the Barrow Island environmental program in WA.