WSP and GENIVAR
In August 2012, the merger of WSP Group plc and GENIVAR Inc. was completed creating a world-class professional services firm with combined revenues of £1.1bn (c$1.8bn) and approximately 14,500 employees in over 300 offices across 35 countries.
WSP and GENIVAR is led by Pierre Shoiry (pictured right, seated) as President and CEO, and Chris Cole (pictured right, standing) as Executive Chairman.
Together WSP and GENIVAR provide services to transform the built environment and enhance the natural environment.
WSP and GENIVAR bring together experts with wide-ranging backgrounds and complementary skills, united by their pride in their work and their passion for solving clients' problems.
Our expertise ranges from land remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential minerals.
Our unique combination of specialist skills backed by global reach will enable us to offer the latest thinking and best client service wherever the challenge.
Our business is structured around:
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Industry, Environment & Energy
Together we have a clear strategy for growth, supported by a global mindset and a shared vision and values. Our combined strength will benefit our clients and provide new opportunities for our people.
A taster of what WSP and GENIVAR is involved in:
- Iconic projects such as the Freedom Tower in New York, The Shard in London and the Zayed National Museum in Abu Dhabi.
- Ambitious infrastructure such as taking solar energy from the Kalahari desert, to high speed rail travel through the centre of London.
- Plans and specifications for a new 40.6MW hydroelectric generating station in Quebec, to revitalising the waterfront in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago.
- Regenerating World War II hangars on Hawaii's Pearl Harbour into a state-of-the-art sustainable research centre, and re-generating sites in London for 2012 and the Royal Seaport in Stockholm.
- Pioneering new technologies including carbon-eating concrete, biogas from waste and building information management that delivers unrivalled insight into future-proofing building engineering design.
For more on WSP and GENIVAR visit: www.wspgroup.com