UK Asbestos Consultancy & Regulations
We manage and design out asbestos risks for clients across many sectors, from those involved in brownfield development to large refurbishment schemes.
In the UK, the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 prohibits the importation, supply and use of all forms of asbestos. The Regulations also deal with the ‘duty to manage’ asbestos in non-domestic premises and asbestos licensing.
The ‘duty to manage’ has many facets including who has responsibility, the level of awareness, and the requirements for risk and action plans.
Our specialist risk management team can help you implement a robust and practical asbestos risk management system. This will enable you to address the legal compliance issues and have the flexibility to be commercially practical in light of operational needs. Our approach is to create systems capable of managing risk for a single site, multiple properties or large portfolios.
Our involvement can be tailored to include:
- Devising strategic policies to manage asbestos risk
- Auditing surveys / management procedures, standards and quality
- Statistical analysis of survey programs, compliance and efficiency standards
- Advice on risk assessment procedures, safe working practices, data storage and management
- Design, implementation and auditing of asbestos management plans
- Devising and appraising asbestos remedial and abatement strategies
- Designing technical specifications for asbestos removals
- Asbestos removal contractor selection and pre-qualification procedures
- Expert witness and dispute resolution
- Performing on site analytical monitoring and appraising asbestos removal contractors
- Carrying out asbestos assessments and intrusive surveys
- Supervising asbestos removal works
- Performing training needs analysis and delivering asbestos awareness seminars
This will help you identify, manage and resolve complicated built environment risks, including during the processes of demolition and decommissioning.
Our strength in contaminated land investigations and our experience in devising remediation strategies, enable us to provide a fully integrated solution for clients. Our risk management team also hold UKAS accreditation for asbestos surveying, analytical monitoring and sample analysis as well as holding an HSE Supervisory Licence.
Our expertise and experience in identifying the risks relating to hazardous materials are extensive.