Marketing & Communications Executive
Our centrally-based, global Marketing team seeks a Marketing Communications Executive with 3-5 years’ experience and key strengths in written communications to join our team in London and work on projects both in the UK and worldwide.
The successful candidate will report day-to-day to our Global Communications Manager and ultimately to our Global Head of Marketing.
The role embraces all aspects of marketing communications, including internal communications. It will enable the jobholder to be responsible for campaigns that require traditional marketing collateral, such as brochures and factsheets, in addition to media relations with our external advisers, online content, client events, and occasional representation at conferences and exhibitions.
The jobholder will be required to liaise with a range of technical experts and senior management across the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Pro-actively develop understanding of our business, working with members of our client delivery teams to shape and deliver marketing collateral and campaigns.
· Deliver quality, creative, and focused marketing communications to support and enhance key business initiatives, services and markets.
· Specifically, take a leading role in sourcing, editing, or writing information for service literature, internal communications, and online content (internal and external).
· Manage significant client events and attendance at key exhibitions.
· Take the lead in developing marketing material around specific issue-led campaigns.
· Support our Client Services Directors and our Leadership Teams in different geographies by encouraging a business development culture within our business.
· Cultivate relationships at all levels as a versatile marketing communications expert.
· Work collaboratively with our in-house graphic designers in our central Global Marketing team, and our external suppliers, including media and print.
· Work collaboratively with fellow Environment & Energy colleagues who are responsible for marketing in other geographies around the world, most notably USA, Australia and South Africa, and also to work collaboratively with colleagues in other WSP sister companies and the Group Marketing resource.
· Demonstrate a level of experience in interpreting technical and project related information, delivering quality communications that illustrate client benefit and need and ‘our’ unique contribution to the delivery.
· Commercial and business focused; appreciating what drives project commissions, and what messages and activity will help deepen existing relationships.
· Confident communicator – written, verbal, and presentation.
· Good copywriter – an eye for an angle, how to position messages, etc.
· Organised in the management and delivery of work.
· Web literate and experienced at using simple Content Management Systems.
· Experience of working with external suppliers in briefing and sourcing support – e.g. design, media relations, print buying etc.
· Driven, focused, enthusiastic – desire to achieve and delights in results – energetic and pro-active.
· Flexible, professional and a team player.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
· Prepared to travel occasionally.
Education and/or Training:
Degree preferred; qualifications that include a Marketing or Business Management element will be considered strongly.
Approximately 3-5 years’ experience in marketing/communications, preferably for a professional services organisation but experience in other B2B sectors will be considered.
Our culture promotes a dynamic and collaborative approach to problem solving, delivering global best practice with a focus on selling value not time. We place real value on providing our people with a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. WSP Environment & Energy is an equal opportunities employer.