Our online eco-design tool enables designers, engineers and brand owners to assess the lifecycle impacts of their products and gain valuable compliance information.
Product Ecology has been developed for a diverse range of users worldwide. From product engineers, manufacturers and brand owners to SMEs, educators and individual design practitioners. Subscription rates reflect size and type of organisation and requirements. Why not take advantage of our free 14 day trial to see how the tool could benefit your design and product process in your business – find out more here .
Our online tool offers users:
- Lifecycle Designer tool to instantly analyse, modify and prioritise design choices
- Compliance Navigator to review products against relevant regulations and standards
- EcoCompare to compare CO2 emissions, waste impacts and water consumption
- EcoDesign Quickstarts, a desktop checklist with tips and strategies for guidance
Its features include:
- Environmental data from the ecoinvent database (v2) supplied by the Swiss Centre for Life Cycle Inventories
- Bill of Material import function
- Instant, real-time feedback on design decisions and choices
- Interactive wizards to guide users
- Production of simple visual reports
- Straightforward subscription – pay and use – no downloads, no manuals, no consultants.
80% of all product-related environmental impacts are determined during the design phase of a product. Waste, toxics, emissions and water scarcity are all impacts that can be significantly minimised and even eliminated through intelligent design, lifecycle thinking and eco-innovation.
Our work with designers and educators has confirmed that the design process of a product must be underpinned by user-friendly decision support systems. And we believe Product Ecology is a highly effective online tool to inform sustainable and eco-efficient design.
Take a look at the tool today and sign up for a free 14 day trial now.