KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with clients and management at all levels
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work as team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Expert knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as CERCLA, RCRA, and CWA
- Experience with investigation and cleanup under RCRA and CERCLA programs, project management, data evaluation, and report preparation
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Advanced computer use and applications skills required, including MS Word and MS Excel
- Must be able to make trips to local sites and travel via air and land to other client sites throughout the U.S.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities effectively to achieve business outcomes
- Relevant experience in a similar project manager role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates current understanding of client’s expectations for project goals, budget, and schedule and knows how to successfully manage each
- Demonstrates organization skills that allow for effective monitoring, controlling, and completion of all size projects within the approved budget and schedule.
- Capable to produce deliverables consisting of written reports and presentations to clients and regulatory agencies Excellent organization skills that allow for effective monitoring, controlling, and completion of all size projects within the approved budget and schedule
- Demonstrates current and expert knowledge of all relevant regulations and has a clear understanding of regulatory requirements for current projects
- Creates strategies that successfully address all of a client’s important regulatory, technical and business issues
- Supports recommended strategy with data and analysis that evaluate all relevant options and focus choice of the recommended approach
- Oversees development of and reviews technical work plans created by others
- Monitors work of others
- Reviews deliverables to assure that client’s needs are met
- Builds and maintains consensus with the client, from the beginning of a project to the end, on the goals of the work, the critical issues, the major tasks to be undertaken (i.e., workplan), their anticipated costs, and likely implications
- Develops strong, respectful, peer relationships with clients
- Builds professional credibility with the client by understanding the work and all the client’s important issues, analyzing them thoroughly, and generating creative, workable solutions
- Manages projects to hit profitability targets
- Supports management in diagnosing the health of the client relationship and in acting to improve the relationship when needed
- Supports management in communicating WSP E&E’s full capabilities to deal with issues confronting the client
- Develops client’s support for continued WSP E&E involvement beyond the current project in cases where it has been agreed that further work is appropriate
- Demonstrates an understanding of the company’s business development structure, including roles and responsibilities, and all major service area offerings
- Participates in Denver BD efforts
- Manage key client relationships
- Develops project budgets
- Consistently wins work for self and teammates
- Effectively manages the development of the project team and each of its members and nurtures each member’s career growth through skill planning, coaching, and performance enhancing feedback
- Clearly allocates technical, analytical, and client responsibilities among project team members, balancing the fulfillment of project team goals with the professional growth and satisfaction of individuals on the team
- Initiates timely and focused communication with supervisors, enabling them to track and give direction to the technical work, the analytical work, the client relationship, and the project team’s professional development
- Promotes effective teamwork on each project and creates an atmosphere of enthusiasm, fun, and commitment to personal, project team, and WSP E&E success
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, geology, environmental management or related discipline. 8+ years of experience. Master’s preferred. Professional licensure, a plus.
WSP E&E offers outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k), credit union membership, and highly competitive base and incentive compensation.
WSP E&E is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.