Implementation of remediation works can be complex, contractual and stressful. We are committed to giving clients the best possible remediation experience.
We have the knowledge, experience and capability to quantify and communicate risk within remediation projects. And we have an appetite, where necessary, to assume risk on our client’s behalf.
Approaching contracts with an open mind
We approach remediation contracts with an open mind and offer our clients a variety of choices. Your choice of remediation implementation can involve appointing us:
- under a traditional route as an experienced remediation consultant providing a design and validation service overseeing third party remediation contractors
- as a management contractor overseeing and managing other remediation specialists
- as a remediation contractor assuming both design and implementation responsibilities (risks)
And providing a fresh approach to contract options
We offer our clients a flexible approach to risk allocation and management.
- Traditional professional services contracts and appointments
- Traditional time and materials, re-measure contracts
- Fixed Price Contracts for fixed scopes of work
- Incentivised Guaranteed Fixed Price Remediation (GFPR) Contracts risk- where payment is related to performance criteria, risks are shared and WSP are incentivised to reach closure as cost effectively as possible
- WSP Remediation Plus – where WSP will provide GFPR together with a long-term insurance backed indemnity against a defined remediation programme
- WSP Active Transfer – this is a complete transfer of defined environmental liabilities from the client to WSP
Remediating Redland Bay
Heritage Pacific developed 237 eco-friendly houses across two sites in South East Queensland. WSP Environment & Energy managed the demolition and remediation of these two sites. 60% of land was left as forest in order to preserve a local koala habitat. WSP provided carbon footprinting data for this project, a project with the aim of carbon neutrality.