Success through clients
We are proud to work with some of the world’s most renowned organisations on managing the impact of their business on the sustainability of our planet. Working with our clients to help them innovate and integrate best practice is where we can really make an impact.
In the UK in 2007 we estimate that our client work saved around 550,000 tonnes of carbon. That’s enough to fill 14,666 hot air balloons! This is compared to our direct carbon footprint of around 800 tonnes.
Here’s some examples of how we are mitigating environmental harm with our clients’:
- In Sweden we are leading a research project investigating the potential energy efficiencies of glazed office buildings and their performance in the Swedish climate. This could hugely influence the energy efficiency of commercial property across the country.
- In Abu Dhabi we developed the integrated infrastructure strategies for the concept masterplan of the world’s first zero-carbon, zero-waste, car free city, called Masdar. This project could fundamentally change the approach to sustainable development.
- In the UK we helped to launch the world’s first industrial symbiosis programme which diverted 917,441 tonnes of waste from landfill and saving 688,912 tonnes of carbon.
- In South Africa we worked on a biogas-to-energy project. Previously waste gas was flared which had wasted enough energy to power a home for 28,000 years! This project will create 33,000 certified emissions reductions every year.
- In Australia in collaboration with Landcare and the national Government, we developed an online water efficiency tool for all households across Australia. It aims to save enough water to fill 105,000 Olympic size swimming pools and transform major river projects and environmental flows.
These are examples of impacts through just a handful of projects. Imagine what our 1,000 specialists across nearly 65 international offices are collectively achieving!