Masterplanning & Strategy
Our contributions to masterplanning for waste and resource management incorporate a far reaching set of technical and economic objectives and provide the framework within which waste facilities are developed and services operated.
By determining issues such as; sustainable material sources, waste types and volumes, waste flows, and material procurement strategies, from the outset of a project, we can recommend the most appropriate means of meeting your own objectives, as well as any relevant legislative requirements.
We’ve had some great experience in this area. We’ve provided masterplanning inputs for a 62 hectare lakeside mixed used development to the South West of Moscow City; for Masdar in Abu Dhabi, the world’s first zero-carbon zero-waste city; and for The Colosseum retail and leisure facility in Bucharest, which will be one of the largest shopping centres in Europe if constructed.
So what do we look at? We undertake the following tasks with regards to waste masterplanning:
- Preparation of detailed concept proposals for the segregation, collection, recycling and disposal of municipal solid waste (MSW) on a site-wide basis
- Preparation of a MSW arisings estimate for a development with arising calculations for individual zones and loading associated with waste storage and transfer – waste volumes are segregated by type
- Preparation of site-wide MSW and clinical waste facilities assessments, including transportation, collection, storage, energy generation potential, and off site storage and processing options
- Preparation of a holistic energy from waste strategy or alternative technology options
- Description of the proposals in detail showing proposed layouts and collection mechanisms
- Definitions for the design criteria and provision of calculations to support recommendations